Sunday, January 18, 2009

UPS package delivery...sometimes


UPS, Big Brown whatever you want to call them. They aren't my favorite package delivery service. Running a small business is fun enough, crushed and frozen supplies are just extras. Extras that make you decide to start a blog and vent.


Not that I blame the driver. It sure doesn't look like a fun job and I guess my dog did try to bite one of them. At least that's what I heard. I wasn't there at the time. My employee went out to see if he needed help and the driver told her the dog had bitten him. She was truly concerned! She asked him if he was ok, was it a serious bite? Thoughts of Rabies vaccination status, liability, and dog euthanasia all running through her head I'm sure. All the crabby driver could say is 'What, you want me to show you my butt ?' Well no blood was shed and the dog lives on.


Well I guess that nasty Banty rooster I used to have assaulted a driver too. How much damage can a little rooster do? I heard he had some nasty scratches since he was wearing shorts and the rooster had some serious spurs.


But really, is that any excuse for crushing my boxes, freezing my drugs and always making the deliveries after 5:30 pm?


Last week when the Big Brown Box on wheels pulled in at almost 7 pm, I thought oh great now I have to go put those boxes in because it's -10 out there and everything will freeze really quick. It seemed like the truck was here longer than usual. I kind of wondered about that. When I got out there it was an interesting sight. I had 3 boxes. 2 were intact. 1 was empty and crushed and torn. The crushed box had contained 4 gallons of mineral oil. That's a heavy box. Next to the box were 3 gallons of mineral oil. I'm not a detective so I will never know what actually happened in the dark that night. Apparently the driver tripped in the dark carrying the box of mineral oil and fell. Or the box tore open and he tripped over the gallon jugs. I like to imagine the UPS driver on the ground surrounded by rolling jugs of oil. Anyway, I found the last gallon of oil dented in, lying at the bottom of the hill by the horse pasture.

No comments:

Post a Comment